Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Initiate Knit Design: Day 5

Last day! Last day! Last day! The final day of the design challenge focused on putting our math into a pattern format. This was probably the easiest part of the whole challenge! I'm so used to looking at knitting patterns that it wasn't difficult to translate what I had in my design notes into a pattern.


There were a few different parts that I wouldn't have remembered to add had I not been reminded. Notions were part of the pattern I had never considered adding, they are just things I have in my knit bag. I guess at this point I don't really look at much in the beginning parts of the pattern other than fiber content, needle size, and yarn weight. It was a good reminder that beginners will also be using my pattern and they may need that guidance.

I was able to get my basic cast on and stitch count into my pattern but I didn't have my chart done so there wasn't much else to add to the pattern. I am so glad that I participated in this challenge, it really gave me the confidence that I can do this. Even if my patterns aren't great right away or I haven't found my niche yet, I will. Eventually I would like my patterns to inspire people to knit everyday but unique items that easily fit into their wardrobe. I'm looking forward to future designing, it's going to be a blast!

4 comments:

  1. awesome, that's so cool that you are almost completely done your pattern! way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really intense but fun challenge, I'm glad that I went through the learning process with other people and not by myself.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on putting your idea on the paper - it is definitely not an easy thing to do! What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy that I was able to complete the challenge, it was really fun and gave me confidence that I kind of know what I'm doing.

      Delete