Friday, December 1, 2017

Tour de Sock Round 4

It's been awhile since I've finished TDS but I still wanted to update on the other patterns that we competed with. This round we used mosaic knitting, it looks like colorwork but it's really only one color per row with strategically placed slip stitches.


The pattern is Mosaic Marbles and I used stash yarn, which was my goal for this challenge. These are going to be for my sister for Christmas. They were just slightly too large in the heel and a little long in the toe for me to wear but Logan was happy with them. I'm still going to have to rip back the toe some for my sister and re-knit but I'm not too worried about that, I just need to get the motivation to do it.


The past few weeks I've been reading The Lucky Child by Thomas Buergenthal which is a memoir about his childhood before and during WWII and how he found his way back. I found that in this time of cultural adversity and race problems this book had an interesting perspective on forgiveness and not laying blame. I enjoyed the unique view of the Holocaust from a child's perspective and the greatness that came from his experiences and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment