Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Lane Shawl

 Hi Happy Shawl Knitters! 

This post is focusing on my new shawl design Lane. This is my first collaboration with a dye company! So let me introduce to you the lane shawl is Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, a gorgeous single-ply fingering weight yarn. The yarn for this shawl was provided by Madtosh through their MT Studio program, a program that provides yarn to designers. You can take a look at the program here

I chose Copper Pink Solid as my color for Lane and I am so happy with it! Lane was originally submitted to a different company for design call and was rejected. I took that as the perfect opportunity to apply with tosh. 

Lane was inspired by the changing grounds on a farm. I've talked about before that I am a nanny, right now I have a 1 year old boy named Lane. The family home is situated on a farm and I've been able to watch the whole process from planting, to harvest, to restart with a new crop. 

As for other yarn choices for Lane, any fingering weight yarn will work. My testers have used a variety of different fingering weight bases and they all look great! I would suggest using a solid or tonal yarn so that all the stitch patterns show well enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment