Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Baby Bobble Cowl

 I have a new cowl pattern! I have been trying to design/find the perfect tuck-in-your-coat cowl and Baby Bobble Cowl fits the bill perfectly. 

Baby Bobble Cowl uses 100 grams of fingering weight yarn for a 23" circumference and 12" deep cowl. I used a Merino/Cashmere/Nylon blend for my sample and it's deliciously cozy. I believe any fingering weight yarn would work but I would stick with something that is majority wool. A tester used a wool/silk blend and had trouble with the bobbles not popping out enough. I also think a blend with alpaca or llama wouldn't be a great choice because the halo from the yarn will hide the work in the twisted stitches. 


My sample was knit in a solid/tonal yarn but the majority of my testers used variegated! If you are looking for clear definition for your bobbles and twisted stitches I would suggest a tonal, solid, or lightly speckled yarn. There are so many options I can't wait to see all the different ones ya'll come up with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment