Friday, April 9, 2021

Fringy DK

I loved knitting my Fringy Cowl last summer. It was easy to memorize and keep track of and also enjoyable because of the great colors. Not everyone loves fingering weight as much as I do though (I don't understand that but whatever) so when I say this gorgeous yarn from Sew Happy Jane I knew I needed to design a DK version. 

Fringy DK uses 100 grams of DK weight yarn plus about 10 grams of the contrast color. I originally purchased the 100 gram skein and then reached out to Heather to ask which she thought would be a good contrast color. Heather gifted me the contrast color, how sweet was that! 

This cowl is a great skill builder, it features a provisional cast on (linked tutorial), increasing and decreasing, and a three needle bind off! As usual with my fringe you drop stitches to make it so it is easier and quicker than traditional fringe. 

Any DK weight yarn will work for this pattern, through a stickier yarn like alpaca will be harder to drop the stitches with. My DK was a 100% Superwash Merino, so you can pretty much knit with whatever DK feels good to you! Happy Knitting! --Sierra 

No comments:

Post a Comment