Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Leannán Cowl


I love this stitch pattern so much I couldn’t just design one piece out of it. Leannán Cowl uses a slip stitch cable to highlight the individual qualities and colors of hand dyed yarn. The cowl is a single skein project to use that one beautiful skein you have hanging out in your stash. 


I absolutely adore the color way I knit my sample in! The color way name is City Siren and it's dyed by Buxom Cat Knits. I pretty sure I could knit a whole sweater in this lovely yarn. I love the watercolor effect the dye has and the way the slip stitches help to highlight that. 



The base for this yarn was a regular sock base so any fingering weight you are comfortable wearing around your neck will work. The yardage required is 400-460. It's an 8 stitch pattern so very easy if you want to make it wider if you have more skein of yarn. 


I can’t wait to see what dyer you highlight in your Leannán Cowl! Here is the Leannán Sock pattern if you're more interested in socks than a cowl. Happy Knitting! - Sierra 


No comments:

Post a Comment