Wednesday, June 14, 2017

This Trips Fiber Shops

As most have read, my trip last summer to Europe increased my stash by a ginormous amount. This trip didn't include quite as much yarn but I did bring home a ton of fabric.

The yarn and fabric shops weren't quite as prevalent in Spain and Italy as they were in Germany, Austria, Scotland, and England last summer. Although they weren't as prevalent does not mean I didn't come home with awesome purchases.

We hit up a yarn shop in Madrid, Spain: Lanas, El Gato Negro as well as a fabric shop we stumbled upon.





In Rome I visited a huge fabric shop called Bassetti Tessuti was so excited/overwhelmed I didn't actually take any photos. But I bought my first garment fabric to sew! Totally too nervous and inexperienced to sew with it quite yet but I think by the end of the summer I'll have at least one new top, possibly two.

After Rome I made my way to Amsterdam where I was able to visit... Stephen & Penelope!!! I had so much fun exploring their shop and pulling a few WestKnits projects together from their exclusive colors. I actually went back to the shop later in the day (afternoon for me, early morning for my mom) and FaceTimed with her so she could see the shop too! The women working the floor were fabulous and didn't look at me like I was completely nuts.






Right next to the yarn shop was also a fabric shop, two store fronts converted into one giant fabric and notions shop. I found the most amazing stretch cotton with origami birds on it for a skirt! All in all I had a great time visiting new shops in new cities. I will definitely continue on my trend of exploring different parts of cities by searching out yarn shops!





4 comments:

  1. you can never visit too many knitting stores, nor can you have too many skeins of yarn. I love the photo of you in the store with joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also emailing photos to the yarn shop I work at, my knit night ladies like for me to check-in while I'm traveling. That photo was all for them! -Sierra

      Delete
  2. I also love visiting yarn shops while traveling - it's a great way to see parts of a city you might not otherwise visit, I think! Also I love that you facetimed your mom in Stephen and Penelope -- that sounds like just the sort of thing my mom and I would do -- the number of times I've been in a yarn shop, texting her pictures or calling and describing colors ... maybe there's a career to be made in traveling personal yarn shopper, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be an amazing career! Maybe just a traveling yarn blogger, visiting and mapping shops around the world for other people to visit! Sign me up. -Sierra

      Delete