Saturday, August 14, 2021

Pleats and Thank You

Pleats and Thank You is a fun asymmetric shawl that features a variegated main yarn and a fun contrast color. This was a fun design to come out of my head because I wasn't totally sure if the 3D stitches effect would work. 


I originally saw the welt used on Stephen Wests' Batad and decided to give it a try in my own design. I have tried a similar technique on a folded hem for a sock design that didn't happen. I LOVED adding this fun pop of color to the shawl! 


One of my favorite parts of designing is thinking up something that I'm not 100% sure will work and then figuring how to make it work. When it does work, it's a big fricken party! I also added in a two color bind off which I had not attempted before but it looks so cool. 


I used 800 yards of the main color and 100 yards of the contrast, the MC is a Merino/Nylon blend and the CC is 100% Merino, so have fun with different blends and fibers. I can't wait to see the different combos that will come out. I think that making the contrast color a handspun or thick and thin yarn would be a great way to add texture. 

Happy Knitting!!

Sierra 



No comments:

Post a Comment