Thursday, January 20, 2022

Color Pop Beanie

I haven't published a hat in quite awhile but this one just wouldn't leave me alone until I knit it! Color Pop Beanie has an intarsia insert of mohair or a contrast color fingering weight yarn that gives your new hat a little 'pop.' 


Color Pop is knit flat and then seamed using the mattress stitch (I included a link to a mattress stitch tutorial), it was so quick to knit! I used ~ 60 grams of the main color and ~ 5 of the mohair, this is my second hat out of the main color! 


This is only my second ever intarsia project so don't be intimidated by a new technique (my first project is a yet-to-be released shawl design.) This hat is a great way to highlight a favorite mini skein or use up leftovers from other hat projects. 

Along with Color Pop having a new technique for me I also used Yarn Pond for the first time for my testing! Yarn Pond is a testing, tech editing, and sample knitting website. I enjoyed finding new people to test for me but I did find the interface a little bit clunky. It's taken me a little bit of time to get used to the different sections and find where to check but I think I'll use it again. I've only every used Yarn Pond as a designer though, never as a tester or an editor so I can't speak to how the interface works from their end. 

The main color yarn I used is a gorgeous merino/cashmere blend and my contrast is mohair but most of test knitters used a basic wool for the main yarn and then a mohair for the contrast. This definitely doesn't have to be an expensive project, I can't wait to see your color combinations! 


No comments:

Post a Comment