Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Adios America!

Well I'm off! I'm traveling for a month in Europe! I'll be gone mid-June to mid-July visiting country's on both the European continent as well as in Great Britain. This has been in the planning for about six months and I can't believe it's finally here!

I have spent the last four days prepping for the trip, finding my projects, picking the yarn, and packing my suitcase. Everyone knows that packing the knitting is the most important part about travel. I've brought my knitting on airplanes before and haven't had any issues, hopefully this time will be the same.

I'll be traveling with a knitting friend, Rachael, and we are so excited to travel together! There will be lots of knitting while we wander around Europe so I have packed easy but interesting knitting.

I have two planned pairs of socks, but have enough for three pairs (I'm bringing yarn for contrast cuffs and toes). These will be plain vanilla socks and basic ribbed. I'll post a photo of my yarn choice on Instagram soon!

I also have the yarn for three different shawls. I'm going to work on Simple Lines by Simone A., Ley Lines by Joji Locatelli and Aureola by Janina Kallio. These are all pretty simple but interesting enough to keep me knitting.

If I don't respond right away to comments and questions it's because I'm in a different time zone! I have planned a few automatic updates and plan to write a few while I'm abroad. I will have plenty to write about when I get back! -Sierra

1 comment: