Thursday, January 4, 2018

Myrna

Happy New Year!

As soon as the first hint of cool weather hits NorCal I fall into sweater love. I want to dream, knit, wear all the sweaters.

My wardrobe consists mainly of high waisted skirts, 40's fit and flare dresses, and my trusty denim jeans. When I (and my mom) found Andia Satterlund's patterns I new they were going to be a staple in my wardrobe and I needed one ASAP.

I raided my stash and came up with six skeins of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in the pumpkin colorway to knit Myrna!


 I had just the right amount of yarn and the gauge was perfect! My gauge is never perfect, I always have to adjust (usually a needle size us) but I just got to knit! So Excited!


I love the added detail of the keyhole opening in the back of the sweater, gives a really unique twist on otherwise a fairly plain sweater. This was the first time I've knit a set-in sleeve and it fits my body to much better than a raglan. Whole new world of sweaters here people!


 As you can see, the color works amazing with my button skirt. I have already worn my sweater with a few other skirts and dresses. I have another Andi Satterlund pattern finished that I'll show you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very happy with the way it fits and can't wait to add another of her patterns to my wardrobe! Sierra

      Delete