Monday, January 20, 2020

Fall Socks


I like to knit to the colors of the season or nearest holiday, it gets me in the spirit and makes me happy. This past year I focused more on designing and started my Christmas sock knitting fairly early so my fall socks weren't actually finished until January. But as I'm writing this post I get to wear them so at least their done!


The yarn is used is SweetGeorgia that was given to me by a knitting friend and finishing client. She didn't remember what she had purchased it for and gave two hanks to me. Out of these two hanks my mom and I were able to knit three pairs of socks! Two are regular height and my shorty pair.

When I knit shorties to make sure I don't run out of yarn I add some sort of contrast to them, usually the heel but this time I added a cute little gold toe! The gold is a different yarn but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. If I was striping them the gauge would have been an issue. This is my regular US 1.5 needle, 9", 64 stitches with Modified Eye of Partridge Heel Flap and this formula fits my feet perfectly!


No comments:

Post a Comment