Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Leannán Socks

Variegated yarn is definitely what dominates my stash but I don't always know what to knit with it. Depending on the way the yarn was dyed you can end up with funky pooling, weird color combos, and a whole assortment of not pretty FOs. I was so excited when I swatched this stitch pattern and realized it would be highlighted with variegated yarn! 


Leannán is Gaelic for sweetheart or darling, when I look at these socks I see little hearts hence the name. The yarn is used is a lovely 80/20 from Dyed in the Wool Yarn Co. and it was dream to knit with. I really enjoy the springyness of a 2-ply yarn so it made the knit even better. These socks are scream spring and they made me very happy to knit. 


For this patten I think that any dye style of yarn will work, maybe not a self-patterning, as well as any fingering weight suitable for socks. Are you going to knit them for your sweetheart or for yourself? 

--Sierra 

No comments:

Post a Comment