Thursday, April 13, 2023

Spring Socks for me!

I love to knit a pair of socks for the coming of a new season and during the season. Seeing as it's April 2023 it's Spring sock time! 

I picked a pastel rainbow self-striping yarn distributed by Lang Yarns from stash and I had so much fun knitting it. The yarn is Super Soxx Color in color 901.0199 (I don't have an affiliation to this shop but I wanted to link it in case you'd like some.) I loved every time the color started to change, it was like a small push to get to the next section. 


The yarn is definitely a hardy wool, not soft to the touch but such hardwearing socks are my favorite! They wear well and don't stretch out as quickly as the softer handdyed yarns. 

The heel was pulled from my leftovers stash and seemed to match perfectly. Using a vanilla pattern and adding in a heel flap a had 33 grams of yarn left so my mom will be knitting a pair of shorty socks with a contrast heel and toe. 

Do you like to knit with seasonal colors? Is it usually socks or a larger project? 


6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and enjoyed reading your blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heel flap is a bit different what’s the stitch and pattern for that? Would you be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a modified Eye of Partridge heel flap. I use this in all of my paid and free patterns. Free patterns are available here on the blog!

      Delete
  3. Lovely; nice subtle colors.

    ReplyDelete