Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Spring Faux Hounds

When you look at a design online are you usually inspired by the colors and photography or the shape and the texture of the design? I know I'm inspired by a bit of both depending on the design. 


My original Faux Hounds has been very popular and was super popular at shows Aug-Dec of 2023 (the year it was released.) All Knit Up Designs vended at Red Alder Fiber Retreat in Tacoma WA in February of 2024 and it wasn't nearly as popular as before! Bummer, but not no big deal, we'll give it a try at the next show. 

Makerfest in April it had the same reception, nice but not running out of patterns like I did in the fall. That's when the thought set in that people just aren't as inspired by the fall color palette outside of the season! That was how I made the decision that a spring/summer color Faux Hounds was on the knitting list. 

I dug through my stash and found Neighborhood Fiber Co Organic Rustic Fingering in Canton (solid color) and Fierce Fibers Renai in Soft Kitty (gradient). These are both single-ply yarns and they made for such a squishy fabric on a US 5 needle. Obviously these are from different dyers but together the palette's were on point! 

So, this was how Spring Faux Hounds was born! Similar to the original pattern design I used a solid and a gradient ball of yarn so I didn't have many ends to weave in. This simple mosaic stitch pattern really highlighted the lovely combination of colorway and stitches. 

Spring Faux Hounds will now come with me to in-person events All Knit Up Designs is vending at. Keep an eye out so you can see it in-person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment