Monday, March 9, 2020

Calumet Beanie

Hello Knitters!

This pattern is so much fun because it was designed with a family member in mind!


Pattern Story:

My mom (Susan) and Uncle Jon grew up in Calumet, Michigan which is in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) and there is snow on the ground about 9 months out of the year. At Christmas time of 2019 my mom asked me to design a beanie for my uncle that she could knit him as a gift. My uncle has always been a great supporter of my knitting and now my design career.

This is how the Calumet beanie came to be! It's an easy to memorize ribbed pattern that works for both men, women, and anyone in between! There are 5 sizes so it fits all ages! Also, the decreases on this hat worked out perfectly! I love me a good finish.


The yarn I used is a 100% Superwash Merino Wool in a tonal colorway. I would suggest a similar style of yarn be used; a solid or a tonal will show off the nice ribbed pattern and the wool will give great stitch definition. As always, please send me an email or comment if you would like yarn help! Many of my testers use a full synthetic yarn so you have so many possibilities. 

Happy Knitting!

Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment