I knit and designed my first mosaic shawl! I've knit one pair of mosaic socks before but never a shawl, what an adventure and undertaking! Monticello is so fun and easy, between each mosaic section is simple garter with only a bit of shaping. I used a single ply fingering weight yarn for my main body and a multi-ply for the contrast.
That means use any fingering weight yarn you want! With a shawl, I have no problem mixing blends and plies I don't think it changes the integrity of the shawl. Shawls don't receive the same amount of wear and tear as a sweater, that is where I would watch mixing my blends/plies.
Monticello is long and wide, so it's perfect to wrap around your neck a few times and let the colors peak out. My tester knit hers opposite and used a gradient for the body and solid for the mosaic and it looks so cool! I'm excited to see what other color combos knitters come up with!



What colors did she use?
ReplyDelete