Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Scales Cowl

It's not a secret that I like to reuse stitch patterns in my designs. There are just so many different ways and opportunities to use the same stitches/techniques. That is exactly what I've done with the Scales Cowl. This design didn't so much come from inspiration but one of my knitting friends/student asking if the Scales shawl could be made into a cowl instead. So this is for you Shauna! 

Of course that was super simple, but then I had to complicate things a bit by making three sizes and changing the yarn weight and needle size. 

Scales Cowl features the worsted weight yarn Rios by Malabrigo, but any worsted weight yarn will work! I had Malabrigo in my stash but my test knitters used a variety of different bases including hand spun and acrylic! 

The sample is Size 2 but one and two use the same amount of yarn, Size 3 uses double the yarn. I find that this pattern nicely breaks up variegation so there is a lot of potential! Take a look at tester photos to get an idea of what different yarns and dye styles look like in the pattern. I hope you enjoy my new cowl pattern! 

No comments:

Post a Comment