Thursday, March 11, 2021

String of Purls

I love succulents! They don't love me quite as much. Previously I wrote about the plants that I knit and how I don't love to water and I'm not great at it. Well, me and succulents just can't seem to get on the same page. 

I was inspired to design with this gorgeous yarn (a gift from a friend) and I had the String of Pearls in mind when looking at stitch patterns. This wrapped stitch pattern was perfect to imitate the leaves/pearls of one of my favorite succulents and along came the String of Purls cowl! 

I used a single skein of fingering weight yarn which was 380 yards. The base I used, from Sundara Yarns, is a Merino/Cashmere/Nylon and it was so plump and delicious to knit with. I would definitely knit with this base again if I have the chance. 

For this project I would suggest a fingering weight yarn that you enjoy the feel of around your neck. This doesn't have to be a luxury skein of yarn but as this has full contact with delicate skin make sure you like the way it feels. I also think that a highly variegated yarn will hide the stitch work. The tones of the sample yarn are all close enough that it doesn't obscure the stitch pattern but enhances it. 

I hope this cowl inspires you knit this for a plant lover in your life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment