Monday, February 28, 2022

Sock Set Shawlette

Have you ever worked with a sock set before? To be honest, I have a few in my stash but this is the first time that I've actually used one. I know most people encourage them for socks (duh Sierra) but honestly, some of them are just too damn pretty to just be on my feet! 


From this idea of gorgeous yarn the Sock Set Shawlette was born. A shawlette pattern that features an asymmetric shape, stripes, and an applied edging with bobbles along the edge. The shawlette is designed to use the amount of yarn you have and can be as large or small as you prefer (I think I'm going to knit one in a larger size as well! Probably two skeins for the body and 50 grams for the contrast color.) 




If you don't have any sock sets in your stash, don't worry! This shawlette was knit with 100 grams of fingering weight yarn as the main color and 20 grams of the contrast color (or leftovers!) so you can definitely take a look through your stash and pull a skein of yarn and get started! The sock set that I used was dyed by Sew Happy Jane and it was wonderful to work with and I'm so happy to be able to show it off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment