Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Baby Girl Halley


I, for one, cannot resist baby knits. Almost every time I hear an acquaintance or family friend say they are sprogging I immediately get on Rav, check my library for baby patterns, and go wild. I've found that my version of this baby bib is one of the most used gifts! Who would have thought a plain cotton bib would win out over blankets and adorable sweaters, but alas they do. 
                 

For baby girl Halley I went with a few small gifts and one large, all from stash yarn. No yarn was bought in the production of these baby knits. 
               
For the baby blanket I chose Stephen Wests' Garter Squish which I modified by casting on 90 stitches. This is the third time I have knit this pattern and love it! It's so soothing but works up quickly and the color changes keep it from getting boring. I used two skeins of grey Caron Simply soft, held double with three leftover yarns from stash. I rather like how the colors play together. Girly but not overly baby. 
               

I love how the I-cord edging frames the blanket, it looks clean and classy. The last bit of my gift was baby hats: who doesn't love baby hats? I used Lion Brand Jamie DK stripes in color ways Summer Stripes and Caribbean Stripes. 
             
Baby girl Halley is scheduled to arrive May 1st 2016 which happens to be my 24th birthday! She'll have a nice welcome home gift when she makes her debut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment